It is not uncommon for the Social Security Administration (SSA) to deny Social Security Disability (SSD) applicants after their initial application. In fact, the majority of initial applications are denied at the first stage. It is important for you to know that, as you seek the SSD benefits you need to survive, a skilled Portsmouth SSD appeals lawyer from our firm will be on your side.
Cutter Hall Karlock is a local firm with attorneys whose collective legal experience boasts more than 60 years. We are comfortable handling your Social Security Disability appeals case at any point in the process, even if you have been turned away by other attorneys. If you have been told by another attorney that you do not have a case, please talk to us. Contact a Columbus Social Security Disability appeals attorney online today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Experienced Portsmouth SSD Appeals Attorneys
The SSD process can be frustrating, particularly if you have been denied benefits . As skilled SSD denied claims attorneys , we encourage you to be persistent and talk to us about your options in obtaining benefits. We have helped many people at all stages of the SSD process . We can help you with the following steps, at any point in which you need us:
- Initial filing of the formal application
- Filing request for reconsideration: This is the first appeal.
- Hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ): This is the second level of appeal.
- Filing an appeal with the Appeals Council: This is the third level of appeal.
- Filing a complaint against the Commissioner of Social Security in Federal Court: This rarely happens, and we can help you if it does.
- Representation in Federal Court: It is rare that the Social Security Disability appeals process goes all the way to Federal Court. Not all attorneys handle Federal Court SSD appeals. We do, and we are prepared to stay with you until a favorable outcome is obtained.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation
If you need assistance after being denied SSD benefits, do not hesitate to call Cutter Hall Karlock at 614-221-1400 or contact us online .