Obtaining Disability Benefits For Children

Are you the parent of a disabled, behaviorally challenging or blind child? The attorneys at Cutter Hall Karlock, L.L.C., can provide your family with the effective legal guidance you need to obtain financial support. Our law firm has a thorough knowledge of the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) process for children. We use our knowledge to pursue benefits for disabled children and their parents.

Serving Central Ohio, our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience. We take care to guide our clients through the claims-filing process as effectively and efficiently as possible.

How We Help

Our firm works with teachers, case workers, physicians, psychologists and other individuals in your child's life. These professionals can provide us with a clear understanding of the disability's impact on your child's development and growth. With this information, we can bring forward a strong case to secure the SSI benefits necessary for their care.

Our law firm can help if your child is blind or has a disability such as:

  • ADHD
  • Asthma
  • Behavioral disorders
  • Birth defects
  • Learning difficulties

If necessary, we can also assist in modifying your home to fit your child's needs, and help your family find the help and services you require.

What Happens When My Child Turns 18?

When your child reaches his or her 18th birthday, the SSA will re-determine if your child is still eligible to receive SSI as an adult. We assist in such matters as well, and can step in and challenge the government's decision in the event of a denial.

Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation

If you need assistance regarding SSI claims for a child, do not hesitate to call Cutter Hall Karlock, L.L.C., at 614-254-5503 or contact us online.