A Columbus native, Julie has been practicing before the Social Security Administration since 1997. She has successfully represented adult and child claimants at all stages of Social Security Disability appeals, from the initial application to litigation in the United States District Court.
She is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representatives, was co-founder and 2010-2013 co-chair of the Social Security Disability Committee of the Columbus Bar Association, and in 2013 she received the Columbus Bar Association's President's Award for her contributions to the Columbus Bar Association.
Julie has organized and spoken at multiple continuing legal education Social Security Disability seminars, and speaks frequently about Social Security Disability at public events.
When she isn't working, Julie enjoys spending time at home with her husband and business partner, Ken Karlock. She is a devoted stepmother to two beautiful children, and an enthusiastic dog mom to the CHK office dog, Oliver.
Julie is a passionate advocate for animal rescue, she bleeds Scarlet and Gray, and she is a proud resident of Downtown Columbus.
Areas of Practice
- Social Security Disability, Adults and Children, All Levels of Application 100%
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- Flagler College, St. Augustine, Florida
Honors and Awards
- Columbus Bar Association 2013 President's Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Social Security Claims Rep., Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Social Security Disability Committee, Co-Founder, 2010 to 2013
- Columbus Bar Association, Social Security Disability Committee, Co-Chair, 2010 to 2013