Ken has been involved in Social Security Disability since graduating from law school in 1993.
Ken began his career as a Disability Claims Adjudicator with the Bureau of Disability Determination, the entity that develops Social Security Disability claims and renders decisions. He quickly advanced into a supervisory role, training and overseeing new Claims Adjudicators.
In 1997 Ken left the Bureau and has since dedicated his legal career to representing the disabled in Social Security matters at all levels, from initial applications through federal court proceedings.
Ken has been a member of NOSSCR since 1997. He was a co-founder of the Columbus Bar Association Social Security Disability Committee, and served as co-chair of the committee from 2010-2013. In 2013 he received the Columbus Bar Association's President's Award for his work on the committee. Ken is a frequent lecturer at Social Security Disability seminars and is routinely consulted by colleagues on vocational matters.
Away from his career in the law, Ken is happily married to his business partner Julie Hall and is the father of two amazing children.
Areas of Practice
- Social Security -- Disability 100%
- Ohio, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- Honors: cum laude
- Ohio State University
- Bachelor's Degree - 1990
Honors and Awards
- Columbus Bar Association 2013 President's Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Social Security Claims Rep., Member, 1997
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Social Security Disability Committee, Co-Founder, 2010 to 2013
- Columbus Bar Association, Social Security Disability Committee, Co-Chair, 2010 to 2013
Past Employment Positions
- Bureau of Disability Determination, Disability Claims Adjudicator